Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Diversity and change are overrated

Today, most of us talk about diversity as it's the best thing since sliced bread. The academic community is particularly fixated on this. There's a diversity to human beings, that we each have our own personalities, and that should be honored. But this worship of cultural diversity - I don't know. I think it confuses people. Maybe it works well for college professors so they can write articles about it. But for the rest of us, it's problematic. I'll suggest this, cultural diversity hinders personal expression because you get so afraid of offending people that you have to hide yourself. Of course, we should be respectful to others. But I don't know if we should be getting so mixed up in everybody's business.

Same with all this change. We are changing too much in my opinion. After a while, a person can't even keep up with himself. I'm not happy about all the change.

No comments:

Post a Comment